Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Losing the baby weight

As moms, I think we are entitled to use the kind term "baby weight" to refer to the last 10-15 pounds we still need to lose.  Even if our youngest is graduating from high school.  We've earned that right, but "baby weight" or fat, I'd still rather let it go.

The reality is that our bodies will never be the same.  Even if we lose all the weight, things have...well...shifted.  Add to that the number that breastfeeding does on your figure and you're hardly recognizable.  Still, though, we're all hoping to get back to what we once were.  I look at women like Jennifer Aniston and Demi Moore and I think that maybe I, too, will peak late in life.

Where am I now?  Well, about 10 pounds shy of where I would like to be.  Luckily, my youngest is nowhere near college-age, but I'd still rather deal with this issue now.  This summer has been rough.  Vacations, busy schedules, and ice cream have halted any forward progress I'd been making.  My hope is that telling you about my goal will inspire me to be more diligent.  The challenge?  10 pounds before Tobias turns 6 (October 5th).  The prize?   A shopping spree (feel free to contribute).  The risk?  My pride.  How will I do it?  Check back to find out what is working and what obstacles I face.

No comments:

Post a Comment